Why the IADE endorses Dentox training? In one word…EXPERIENCE!
Teaching dentists to use injectibles like Botulinum neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Myobloc) and HA gel fillers is all we do. Since 2002 when Dr Katz and Dentox developed these treatments and training programs his classes remained the gold standard and the #1 dental training course in Botox and dermal fillers available. Dr Katz has taught more dental professionals and has had more articles about these treatments published in peer reviewed scientific journals than any other dental educators.
- New treatment protocols for dentistry and facial esthetics are constantly being developed by the IADE and faculty. Our lead instructor Dr Howard Katz has injected more patients and supervised more dentists injecting their own patients than any other educator in this field. It is from this wealth of experience that treatments are updated for improvement.
- Dentox offers the most clinically accurate education in the use of Botulinum toxins like Xeomin, Dysport and Botox. Most other courses are offering Dr Katz’s old protocols as their own without knowing why some of the protocols are no longer used. The only course that offers the updated protocols, teaching methods and current legislation in 2014 are at a Dentox or IADE program. Rather avoid problems and disappointment from inadequate training.
- All course participants will have the opportunity of practicing on mannequin heads before they inject at least one live patient with Botox and fillers. In addition they will look over the shoulder of other doctors being supervised while they treat their own patients. You will be prepared to begin treating patients on an array of conditions as soon as you get back to your office.
- We use real Botox and dermal fillers in our hands-on live patient workshop for patient treatment. It is advised to inject a patient with whom you can follow up because it takes 2 weeks to see the full effects.(we use ideal needles and dose volumes with saline on the mannequin heads)
- Attendees may bring as many live patients as they choose to a Dentox program (by pre-arrangement).
- Dentox has created protocols for malpractice liability insurance carriers. These carriers recommend that all dentists should attend a program like the Dentox program. Our course is accepted by malpractice insurance carriers and we give you the information needed to make the right choices which will best suit your practice.
- We train dentists in the real dental uses for Botox and HA (dermal) fillers in addition to the smoothing of facial wrinkles and folds. This is very important for dentists because you need to be able to use these procedures in your practice within the scope of dentistry as defined by your state dental board.
- Botox treatments for muscle diseases of the masticatory system are best taught from a dental and a neurological perspective by the creator, a dentist.
- The program taught by DENTOX and Dr Howard Katz is specific to the dental profession. Dr Katz has invented FDA approved injectable drugs for dentistry, created enormously successful businesses and dental practices. Learn from someone else’s experience who has walked the walk, not just talked the talk. You will also learn from Dr Katz how to successfully implement and financially benefit from these and other treatments in your practice.
Remember that good judgment comes from experience; and experience comes from bad judgment. So don’t learn from anyone who is gaining their experience on you!
Why Botulinum Neurotoxins?
- Predictable control of aberrant neuro-muscular innervation is achievable with botulinum neurotoxins (like BOTOX).
- Dentists are best trained to recognize and treat diseases of the orthognathic system
- Patients have poor compliance with intra- oral devices
- Migraine is initiated by aberrant trigeminal nerve function with feedback originating from within the anterior temporalis muscle. The genesis of migraine and TMD may be arrested by limiting and controlling temporalis nerve feedback from within the anterior Temporalis muscle and other peri-cranial muscles.
- The center for Evidence Based Medicine and Dentistry strongly recommends avoiding major treatment for transient conditions like myogenic TMD
- Most patients are unwilling to having comprehensive irreversible treatments for transient myogenic conditions
- Botulinum toxins A and B have a long standing heritage of safety